March 13, 2008

Character

Character: -noun

1. the aggregate of features and traits that form the individual nature of some person or thing.


I’ve been told my whole life that character is the most important part of being human, and can be defined by ethics, morality and sensitivity.

The surface of the intangible is masked in a gray film, shape-shifting our roles on this planet. Our interactions with one another are vital as character defines our involvement. I just wanted to bring light to this virtue as we encounter new people, express our thoughts with or without consent, or lead by example with the watchful eyes of children as they costume our character. We need to be responsible to our micro environment rather its family, friends, or ourselves.

I reflect on the hours spent on Digg and Stumble, I can’t help but count the tragic stories that leave me in disbelief that people’s character has been degraded so much in society. This is not a philosophical exchange, rather just an acknowledgment to recognize the destruction of our minds that coincide to the desecration of character, and please remember to consider this the next time we cross paths.